Re: TI-H: Quoting previous speaker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Jon Olson wrote:

> Ok, i'm fine with removing the orriginal signatures, but the other messages
> in the reply? What about new people to the list? When i first got on the
> list, i found it very easy to catch up with what had been going on. This was
> because i could read through entire threads in a single message. Also, it
> can be a real pain to go in and remove each previous message. Especially the
> way some people form their replies. I may be speaking from a selfish point
> of view (my mailbox quota is about 4 gigs), but i'm trying to benefit
> others. If people are worried about quotas, they can get a free e-mail at
> countless places. I've seen tons of people on the list with hotmail
> accounts, so obviously that works just fine.
>
> - Jon Olson

And fixing the quoting isn't that hard and really makes things easier to
read. The major problem isn't the size of the messages. The problem is
that after 10-15 replies the oldest quotes get to hard to read being
proceeded with 15 ">"'s and their lines have been broken up to much.
So people, please try to stay within reasonable limits when replying.
Don't just be lazy and add your comments at the top, make sure your
messages (including the quoting) is readable. Comments about this
OFF-TOPIC thread goes to piett@ticalc.org AND NOT TO THE LIST!!!

PS. A lot of people do reply in a nice way and credits goes to them. DS.

/piett@ticalc.org

--
Henrik Edlund <piett@piett.com>
PGP Public Key available at http://www.piett.com/about/pgp.txt

  "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Naturally they became heroes."
                  Leia Organa of Alderaan, Senator