Re: TI-H: TI-Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Modem

>>9600bps is the speed the calc operates at...  You don't have to suffer the
>>10 year old 1200bps standard.  You can only used 1200 and 300 on the HF SSB
>>bands, but at 144-148 I think 19.2 is the limit and then at 464 and 900MHz
>>freqs you can use 56.7 and at even higher microwave freqs you can use an
>>unregulated speed of a number I forgot...
>
>Do get really fast speeds on microwave bands IS expensive.  Isn't the
>equipment $1,000?

You don't jave to go on microwave to get faster than a 56kbps modem...  The
hardware is $758 for 10MBit.  (1.233MB per sec, or as fast as SCSI-2)

---
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to
 this email address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.
 I assess a fee of $500.00 US currency for reading and
 deleting such unsolicited commercial email.  Sending such
 email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants
 consent to receive unsolicited commercial email nor
 is intended to solicit commercial email.