Re: TI-H: Off-topic MP3 question...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Off-topic MP3 question...

:
:There isn't a video card, so I don't need to worry about that taking time.
:The bus runs at 50MHz, so I hope it's enough to decomp. Also, does anyone
:know how to make a power inverter for this thing? I need to go from 12V to
:120V, for the power supply, so I can use it in my car. The HD is shock
:mounted(with some super soft, slow expanding foam), so unless I go over
:500,000 speedbumps doing 100 mph, it shouldn't skip. But i'm having a
:problem finding a cheap 150 watt power inverter. Is it easier to just buy
:or easier/cheaper to make it?
:
:Jeff
:

Motherboards have 2 power inputs : 12 VDC, and 5 VDC.  Pull the pinouts for
that off your manual.. then get 2 heavy duty voltage regulators, and you
should be good to go.. no need for an inverter.  The sound card runs from
MB, and the HD should be 5 VDC.. (check all pinouts BEFORE plugging..
putting the 12 volts into the 5 volt circuit usually causing flying
capacitor chunks and smoke..)