TI-H: Super-TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Super-TI

If anyone can give me the source to the working PPC RISC port of the TI
emulator I will write an 'emulator' for the PPC403CZ/B/C or PPC401.  I've
just started to play with these chips and they are amazing!  they are like
25MHz versions of the real PPC 604 chips!  they use the same chipset!

All you would have to do is send your rom to this baby and then hook it to
a vga monitor!!  I could even add ti linking emulation and use my ide's fat
system I made to store/edit/retrive/defrag ti-files and load them to the
calc!  This could be cool...

The chips I think are about 180 pins each and cost $35 in quantities of 1.
If I go with the 401, a faster and more power hungry model, the chips are
$28.

Another thing to consider is should I make an AT connector for a standard
video card which supports the vesa resoultion I choose?  that way it would
be plug and work, unlike micro$oft's plug and pray...

Give me suggestions on this!  I think it would be cool to have a ti-85 on
this...  i could decompile the 92 rom and use a 68k to ppc converter and
just run the 92's software on a 80MHz PPC RISC processor...  (what a bad