Re: TI-H: servos

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: servos

>Has anyone found a way to control servos with the TI calcs? What about
>using servos on a PC serial port? I have found stuff to run them from a
>parallel port but would like to go serial.
>
>Greg

Controlling servos and motors shouldn't be too hard...

First, connect them (2 servos) to a power supply, leaving the signal
line free.  Hook the ground from the link port to the ground on the
p/supp.  hook the sig. lines of the servos to the red/white link port
lines.  Now you write a prog that turns the red and white lines on for a
variable time of roughly 1~2ms every 20ms (for example off for 20ms, on
1.5ms, off 20ms, on 1.5ms).  The on time can vary between servo brands.
The off time doesn't have to be 20ms, just anything around there.

To control a motor just build/buy an ESC and put it where the servo
would go, and connect the motors to it

wait, TIs can't do that cause it's timing would change depending on
battery power, right?   ok, not as easy as I thought...

I guess you'd have to build a separate circuit to do that - just don't
ask me how to do that ;)  maybe you could find schematics on the net.
The programming is the hard part, since you kinda have to relearn asm
for every microprcessor you use.

If anyone really wants to control servos via a TI, maybe you could form
a little group to design all the necessary hard/software required... I
don't think it would be hard since there are so many people on this list
that know much more about this kinda stuff than me :)

Muhammed
E-Mail:
  mailto:galadima@soback.kornet.nm.kr
  mailto:mj_galadima@hotmail.com