TI-H: Re: EII Info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: EII Info

That depends on the microcontroller. The AVRs that
I'm using are programmed via parallel port using a small
wires-only programmer I built using plans off the net.
Search for BA1FB on altavista.com... that HAM's homepage
has schematics and the program to burn the AVRs. The PIC's
programmer is more complicated although you can go homebuilt
with those too.

As for the final price... I don't think it will be much above
$50. Seeing as how the ESF sold for $65 and did quite a lot less
and had several shortcomings (the main one being that the chips
unexpectedly ran out, of course), I don't think that is unreasonable
at all. It depends on what the distributors ask though. I will not
be selling finished units, but I will be selling parts that anyone
with half a brain on his head can use to build a working EII in
in one night. I realize $50 is a lot to pay for an addon for
a $120 calculator... but I don't set semiconductor prices, and if
there is enough interest maybe we can go in on a group buy and
get absolutely awesome savings. The 1MB version of the memory chips
I'm using now costs less than $10 each in quantities of 1000.

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net