Re: Re(2): Re(2): TI-H: MP3s

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): Re(2): TI-H: MP3s

From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>Opps...  Make your own?  :)  I just slapped a $80 DSP and DAC on an
ISA
>proto board and hacked it enough to play a bitstream.  I found source
to an
>MP3 decoder and redirected the bitstream to my junky card...  Its not
so
>junky quality though!

Kool, now do a PCI version. :)
Do you happen to have an ISA design lying around (or know where online
one
is) with just address decoding installed?  I'd like to screw around
with some
prototyping, but I don't want to buy a prototype board.  I know its
pretty simple,
but I haven't gotten around to tracking down any info about how to go
about it.
Know of any URLs with info that deal with building ISA stuff?

>I'm waiting for my 18band equalizer and audio attenuator <major sp>
from
>national semiconductor.  I will tell everyone when the main MP3 card
is
>done.

I look forward to seeing it, sounds pretty neat.

>The reason I have Mp3s is because I don't own an "Audio CD" player.
Just a
>4x player.  And i need something to waste my time trying to get to
work. :)

Ugh, I hate it when people have free time, get a couple of jobs so you
have to
stay up all hours of the day and night to get anything extra done :)

later
DK