Re: TI-H: ide hd stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ide hd stuff

>Let me point out that you aren't having fun...  ;)  <jk>
>
>>Let me point out even a small hd (lets say 20megs)
>>would take a lot to fill, and right now the function
>>is not worth the cost. If you need more memory than
>>the E2 use multiple chips or modify it for chips with
>>a larger capacity.
>
>And how many people have an 80MB hd or dead laptop they don't need?  For a
>$9 memory chip plus shipping I'd go with the HD even just fto fill up the
>first 50k...

You forget that the spinup current on a typical desktop 80MB hard
drive can be in the 3+ amp range and operational power usage can be
over 10 watts (for all you kiddies out there, that means it would EAT
batteries like candy)...  It's useless unless you were carrying around
a car battery and it would be totally impractical to use.  Even
bryan's POS E2 can get 15 operational hours on a 9V batt.

A laptop drive would be the only option here, and even then it's 100%
pointless except for the "gee wiz I'm cool" factor.

-Mel

Follow-Ups: References: