Re: TI-H: ide hd stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ide hd stuff

>a few questions about the ide hd (sorry, i seem to be the only one
>interested):
>
>what is the progress of the ide hd driver?

There is none.

You need a 4414 or 8515.  They cost about $8/11.  www.marshall.com

>where can i get the pics you sent earlier?

I don't sell pics.  bryan did...  :)

>how is the file system going to be organized?

Depends on who and how the person writes the driver...  A ESF hack could be
made, but it would be *SLOW*.

>what is the transfer speed?

10k a sec to a puter and 1k a sec to an 85.  :)

>can multiple calcs be linked up to it and access the same files?

Not as it is.  :)  I guess an I2C model could be made...

>what about those movies? B/W or grayscale? speed? how will it be done?

it was just an idea...  There are no movies right now.

>what is the maximum size of the drive? (504 mb)

I think I've seen a 12GB IDE drive at the store.  I don't know if they make
18GB...  basically the HD size is limited to about 128GB because of
addressing...

>how will it be wired?

What do you mean?

>what is the size of the controller unit?

The chip just has a few external support parts and thats about it.

Grant

Follow-Ups: References: