Re: TI-H: Fixing Grant's friend's PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Fixing Grant's friend's PC

But look at it this way... Even the Merced servers WILL be pricey, but
Intel plans to drop prices through the floor.  Granted, they're a tad
late to market, but that's not the point.  More expensive is the way of
the past.  Since I can get a quad PPro server, crammed to the gills with
RAM, and still pay a relatively cheap price for the amount of hardware
(and did I mention 6 hot swappable SCSI drives on a RAID5 controller?),
I think that proves my point.  Even more so, a dual P][ (which is
hobbled due to Intel stupidity) server, can be bought for less than half
of my salary over this summer, although working overtime makes me
occasionally miss Buffy... j/k, Mel.

Now, I'll have to be sarcastic...  Duh... what kind of calculators are
we talking about?

CK

Mel Tsai wrote:

> >>The days of the high end and high-$$$ workstation are over, and
> >>everyone knows it.
> >
> >Theres alaways going to be something thats more expensive.
>
> Umm, duh?
>
> -Mel

Follow-Ups: References: