Re: TI-H:PowerPC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H:PowerPC

Actually, it has to do with the Amiga's vector processing sceme.  Instead of
having the CPU do all the work, it hands it off to a seperate chip to do it.
Kinda like what the industry is doing with 3d accelerators, except Amiga did
it 10 years ago.  So in order to do anything related to sound, the sound
chip (named Copper, I believe) would do all the work.  Now THAT's a true
multitasking environment, much more stable and efficient, unlike Mac or
Windows, but similar to what BEos is doing.