Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big impact.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big impact.

>>>Heh you don't get flames yet because you haven't released enough
>>>detailed information :).
>>>
>>><evil snicker> :)
>>
>>What happened to the realease of the EII in december?  hehehe  :)
>
>Heh at least well I never got flames that I couldn't shoot back down
>:).

Neither did I.  There is no reason why I got about 10 for working on a
radio link.  So after about 1 day of working on it I stopped.

here, I'll give all the lamerz save 1.  I've got 5 saves.

its very very incomplete.  :)  And I know bryan hates things like software
modems...  :)

Also, most of the ideas used in here are trash because they wouldn't
actually work.  The FCC would hunt you down and kill ya.

;Radio MoDem v.05
;
;(C)Grant Stockly 1998
;
;Goal:	To get the chip to controll the radio transmitter.
;	To get the chip to change state when the wire
;		changes state.  If the transmit line goes
;		high, the chip would code that into a '0'
;		and output it to the radio transmitter.
;		The transciever would then sense the
;		change of line state and change its receive
;		line to a '0'.  The same holds true for a
;		high '255'.  There will also be an option
;		programmed in to accept values such as 197
;		as a high or 15 as a low.  This will solve
;		reception/transmittion problems fairly well.
;
;Once these goals are meat, a better link will be devolped.
;
;Future: An 8 segment 'bar' LED to represent the strength
;	 	of the signal.  This would be usefull to get
;		it a place that has good reception.  THe LED
;		should be able to update every 5 seconds
;		without any slow down on the transmition/
;		reception.
;	 A Carrier detect signal.  This will probably never
;		be impliminted since the signal strength
;		would tell you if you were in range and
;		operating...
;	 Anything I left off this list.
;
;This beta edition basically creates a virtural serial cable
;between computers.

;***********************************************************
;*
;*  General Send and Receive info:
;*
;*  -RadioRx
;*   This section checks the ADC (Analogue to Digital
;*   Converter) to see wether or not it needs to change
;*   line state.  If it needs to change line state, it will
;*   pull 'SeriaRx'.
;*
;*  -RadioTx
;*   This section changes the value of the RadioTx line.
;*   This section is actually part of SeriaTx, but it has
;*   its own name just for fun...  :)
;*
;*  -SeriaTx
;*   This section checks the 'SeriaTx' line for a change in
;*   state.  If a change is needed, it will set the DAC
;*   (Digital to Analogue Comverter).
;*
;*  -SeriaRx
;*   This section pulls the 'SeriaRx' line.  It has no need
;*   for its own name since its actually part of 'RadioRx',
;*   but maybe it will keep me organized...  :P
;*
;***********************************************************

RadioRx:
	sbi	PORTC, rxstat	;pull rxstat high

	rcall	getADC		;get value of Rx line
	cpi	ADCr, 192	;if its greater than 192
	brpl	RxPlus		;then its high

	cbi	PORTC, serrx	;change/update SeriaRx line
	cbi	PORTC, rxstat	;pull rxstat low
	ret			;done
RxPlus:	sbi	PORTC, serrx	;change/update SeriaRX line

	cbi	PORTC, rxstat	;pull rxstat low
	ret			;done

RadioTx:
	sbi	PORTC, txstat	;pull txstat line high

	sbic	PORTC, sertx	;get value of 'SeriaTx' line
	rjmp	TxPlus		;if high, send %11111111 (256)

	rcall	DAClow		;if its low send %00000000 (0)
	cbi	PORTC, txstat	;pull txstat line low
	ret
TxPlus:	rcall	DAChigh		;change/update RadioTx line

	cbi	PORTC, txstat	;pull txstat line low
	ret

.def	ADCr	=r16
.def	ADC	=PORTA
.def	DAC	=PORTB
.equ	txstat	=0
.equ	rxstat	=1
.equ	sertx	=2
.equ	serrx	=3

---

To Subscribe to the ACplay mailing list, please send a message to
gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACPLAY"

To get an e-mail every time http://gussie.alaska.net is updated, please
send a message to gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACNOTIFY".

To talk to me direct, I'm 'weridguy' on AOL IM service.  I don't have an
AOL account, just the IM thing.

Thanks.