Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

>Well.. for one thing, I don't think the Z80 has multiprocessor support.
>You might be able to do it anyway, but it'd be much more difficult than
>using a processor which was designed for multiprocessor capability.. And
>then you've got the excitment of writing multiprocessor-capable software.

It does have limited multiprocessor support, just about every uP on
earth does.  But it's not that sophisitcated, it's simply a bus
request/bus grant scheme, and it really wouldn't be worth implementing
on a puny Z80.  Multiprocessing with Z80's was only desired back in
the 70's when the Z80 was still a powerful processor.

-Mel