Re: TI-H: off topic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: off topic

>     I would like to be able to power my notebook off  of my cigarette
>lighter in my car. The computer's power supply is 12 v and at  2.2 amps. I
>would like the power supply to have some sort of filter to prevent  any
>higher amperage from hitting the PC. If anyone can help, please e-mail
>me.   Greg

you mean higher voltage.  Your laptop will not eat more amps just because
they are there.

When your car is going 60MPh you are probably putting out atleast 13.8 to
14 volts.

All you need are some heavy duty regulators.  Thats what I did and it works
fine.

---

To Subscribe to the ACplay mailing list, please send a message to
gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACPLAY"

To get an e-mail every time http://gussie.alaska.net is updated, please
send a message to gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACNOTIFY".

To talk to me direct, I'm 'weridguy' on AOL IM service.  I don't have an
AOL account, just the IM thing.

Thanks.

Follow-Ups: References: