RE: TI-H: Power PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Power PC

I help my dad at a college computer lab which has Power Mac 6500/275
with MacOS 8.0, and I rarely have it crash, maybe once a month(if that)
even with app crashs.  The people who come into the lab hardly ever have
to restart because of an app or OS crash(in fact I can't remember the
last time it happened).

>From: "Bruce Christensen" <bruce@iname.com>
>To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: RE: TI-H: Power PC
>Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:34:14 -0700
>

>I use Mac OS just about every day at school (although not right now
because
>it's summer).  It crashes more than Windows 95, quite a bit more than
>Windows 98 (even the Windows 98 beta versions that I was using months
ago).
>The individual apps crash on Windows about as much as on Macs, but on
Win it
>ususally doesn't take down the OS like it on on Macs.
>
>I've been making the comparison using Win95, which crashes much more
than
>NT.  NT is much, much more stable than Windows 95 and Mac OS, both.  I
think
>Linux wins the whole competition, though.
>
>BTW--A port of NT to the PowerPC platform might be the only thing that
saves
>it, although I must say that Apple has been doing a great job under
Steve

http://www.calamistrum.com/visualdesign/link/
http://www.calamistrum.com/visualdesign/link/customer.html