Re: TI-H: Power PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power PC

>Bryan Rittmeyer wrote:
>
>> Grant Stockly wrote:
>> > You have to use win31.  If you try hard enough, every 95 program will run
>> > in 31.  There are more emulators available also...  You could get SoftPC
>> > from Insignia.  I think they have the full version 4 online or something
>> > like that.
>>
>> Nope, sorry, that's just blatantly incorrect. There is a Win32 add-on
>> for 3.1, but most 95 programs take advantage of the 95 device driver
>> model, registry, and other fundamental OS changes that came about
>> with 9X.
>>
>> I would be extremely surprized if you could get 32 bit netscape
>> running in win 3.1, let alone in win 3.1 being emulated by DOSEMU.
>> But why bother, after all there is always lynx or bloatscape for X :)
>>

>I assume you use IE then? Go ahead, fuel the MS empire! Its bad enough were
>stuck with thier OS, somedays I can't wait until Apple releases
>Rapsody<sp?> for
>Intel machines. (They are going to release their OS for Intel machines...)

Their new OS has 'protected memory' and operates most like a unix system.
I'd send an e-mail from it if only the netowrking bugs were out...  :\

---

To Subscribe to the ACplay mailing list, please send a message to
gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACPLAY"

To get an e-mail every time http://gussie.alaska.net is updated, please
send a message to gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACNOTIFY".

To talk to me direct, I'm 'weridguy' on AOL IM service.  I don't have an
AOL account, just the IM thing.

Thanks.