Re: TI-H: ti-calc schematics...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-calc schematics...

Greg Hill wrote:
> 1. It's an acronym Grant made up when he answered your last question.
> 2. Grant makes up a lot of acronyms; you'll be likely to see a lot of them
> here.

You handled that very diplomatically. :-)

> There are three wires. One is a ground, used as a reference so the
> receiving calculator can tell if a signal is high or low. One of the wires
> represents a binary "1", and the other represents a binary "0". In other
> words, if the sending calc wants to send a "1" bit, it will take the "1"
> line low (0v) and wait for an acknowledgement (the receiver pulls the "0"
> line low). If the sending calc wanted to send a "0" bit, it would take the
> "0" line low and wait for the receiver to pull the "1" line low to
> acknowledge. I haven't had time to figure out which line is which,
> though..

And then the sender takes its line high again, and waits for the
receiver to do the same -- this way both lines will be inactive
at the end of the last bit.

Most of the time I just figure out which wire is which by trial
and error. When you see all sorts of wierd complemented data coming
in its time to flip the wires. :)

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net