Re: TI-H: Power PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power PC

Oh, NO! A Mac PC war. Here's my 2 cents....

    Each bring it a specific 'better' portion to the table. Macs have built-in
SCSI and it has allways been that way. They realised that SCSI was better,
faster, but harder to use, and decided speed benefits outweighed the diffaculty.
IBM's on the other hand, wanted simplistic hardware so anyone, pretty much,
could get inside their computer and fiddle with it. That is why DOS was so hard
to use. You can't have hardware and software simple at the same time, the
computer will melt down, and the software will crash a lot. (Hence, Win95/98
making its interface more simple, causes it to crash a lot. ; ) ) Anyway, the
main idea is:

Mac: Easy to use SOFTWARE, pain in the butt HARDWARE.
IBM: Pain in the ass SOFTWARE, easy (For MOST people) to change HARDWARE.

(NOTE: Sometimes, the hardware wasn't very easy, this was because people are
stupid. It really is simple, they used Mac software, and thought, 'Hey! If our
hardware was like THIS, we could take over the world!' Obivously they were
wrong. What really happens is, it creates a confilict, which the average NEW
user is too stupid to fix, so they call an advanced users. Pay them lots of
money, and they fix it, while telling the other person what they just did.
(which the other person has no clue what they said.) )

Adam

Follow-Ups: References: