Re: TI-H: Pre-programmed PICs for the IR Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sami Khawam wrote:

> It is an xtal with 2 built-in caps.

Not exactly, a resonator is made from ceramic whereas
a crystal is made from quartz. But it essentially acts
as a crystal with built in caps, only with a much higher
tolerance percentage. Most 4 MHz crystals are right on
the money, but a 4 MHz resonator may be off by a few
dozen KHz.

> You need only some exprerience in soldering in order to
> built it.

Or you can build it on a solderless breadboard...
Have you considered doing a PCB Layout for the IR link?
Its a nifty circuit, and I think a lot of people would
appreciate being able to just drop the parts in and
solder. I could probably autoroute a PCB for you as
soon as the E2 is done, if you are interested.

I'm going to get out my own PIC programmer and try your
LITE firmware next week, sounds like a cool project!

Bryan