RE: TI-H: what should i buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: what should i buy?

On Thursday, January 29, 1998 3:15 PM, ryan pogge [SMTP:ryanpogge@hotmail.com]
wrote:

> the 96 is OK it does have more memory ..but i still like the 85.
> in my opinion though the 92 is far supirior to all the TI-8x series..
> the EuP is a great memory expander, and soon to be the EII will be
> awsome.

The TI-8xs are better than the 92 in at least two ways: they're much smaller,
and they're allowed on standardized tests.  The TI-92's software is superior to
the TI-86's in most cases, though.  Also, the TI-86 has more user-available
memory than the TI-92 as long as the plus module isn't plugged into the 92.  I
think TI-86 programs are smaller as well, making that extra memory even more
useful.  The TI-86 supports built-in ASM, and TI is developing extra programs
for it, such as advanced stats and financial functions.

> the 86 has way more memory than the 85.
> and considering the drivers WILL be ported...

I haven't tried it, but I'd be willing to bet that the drivers will work
unmodified on the TI-86 as long as they are run from within ASE 1.2.

> id say if u dont have the money for the 92 get the 86
> otherwise get the 92 definently....
> but im sure other people have much different opinions, not thatthe
> jumble of crap i just wrote was an opinion :) ...or even rational at
> that.

I'd say get the TI-86.  It's smaller, got more memory you can use, cheaper (by
about $60), has better engineering functions, and supports running TI-82,
TI-85, and TI-86 ASM programs using ASE 1.2, which makes it by far the best
calculator for running ASM (especially games) around.

I've got an 86 and love it.  Although it's not a heavily-hyped feature of the
86, my favorite is its screen.  The screen isn't like the TI-86's blue-on-green
LCD.  It's almost black on white.  The screen is a ton clearer and easier to
read.  I have both an 85 and 86, and the 86 is definitely worth the extra
money.

Sincerely,

Bruce

--