Re: TI-H: another Speaker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: another Speaker

You should be able to connect the - side to the Gnd (bare wire) and the
+ to the middle wire & or the tip. I connect both because a few programs
use either or both. This will work, but it may not be very loud and it
slows the calc down so much when it's connected and a shell isn't
running, that it looks like it crashed. You may want to try a small
capacitor in series with it, but do this instead...

Go to Radio Shack. Buy a small 1" diamiter black buzzer with the part
number 273-064. This will not crash the calc and it is very loud. Red
and blue go to the tip and middle pins of the link cable. The black wire
goes to ground.

If you are ready to do a little work, you can get item 273-060A. It is
larger and louder, but has built in circuitry to create a tone. You need
to pop the back off and remove it. then you have the connections for the
red, black, and blue wires. The circuit board can be used for parts or
something else.

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com