Re: TI-H: CryoCalc :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CryoCalc :)

I have read a few articles on this, so I will explain the idea. Take for
example the TI 85. If you initially submerge the 85, minus batteries and
display, in liquid nitrogen at a relatively high temperature (for liquid
nitrogen) so as not to shatter it, slowly drop the temperature (2 degrees C
per hour I think) to -300 C. Keep it at that temp for a while (not sure how
long). This cold temp aligns the molecules in the metals, making in the TI's
case, the chips run at much higher speeds (the Z80 could run at about 15Mhz
unturboed!). It needs to be thawed out at the same rate as not to crack it.
I dont really know how much this proccess would cost. Any ideas guys?

Damien