Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

I really don't want to drag this out, but at High School, we had those
bloated Mac LC new generation (W/ 4xcd-rom), and the ones that looked
like a Compaq PC.  On some, you could hotkey to dos.  Others not.  But on
all of them, I could format the 3.5" as IBM disk, and write to a regular
3.5" IBM disk, mainly working w/text and (Golleee!) graphics from my PC.
These were factory Macs W/no software but Clarisworks, Some w/ Pagemaker
and Adobe Illustrator.  No one liked my idea to install CorelDraw  (C'mon
it's only $400- and it's not my money).  So as hard Disks amd Mac 3.5",
they use MacFS, but can use IBM 3.5" disks (We're talking 2-3 year old
macs at the most) as my newspaper class used IBM formatted 3.5" disks for
stories on Macs because that's what RJ and I purchased.
~Larry C
Larry1492@juno.com