Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

Hey, ENOUGH with this Mac/PC disk deal. I have a Mac and a PC. The PC
can use that program to read Mac 1.4 disks, but not 800K. The Mac has
software that comes with the OS called PC Exchange. It is TOTALY
TRANSPARENT, and can read BOTH PC 1.4 AND PC 720K disks!!! Macs can read
Mac HFS 1.4 and Mac HFS 800K disks. New Macs can read, but not write Mac
400K disks that were common on older Macs. The new HFS+ with mac OS 8.1
will allow 4.25 billion allocation blocks for Hard Drives instead of the
standard 65536 blocks. The new format is better for HD space, but the
old 400K disks will finaly die under it.

I hope that explains everything.

I can't tell you why or how it all works, but this is how it does work.

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

>Which is what I said.. the 1.4 MB disks share the same low-level
format, and
>the 800/720 do not..

MB)
>>Mac disks, but not the 800k (because it uses a different low level
>>formatting).
>It doesn't format differently, the drive is totally different its self.
It
>is made to use sectors that IBM disk drives don't know how to use.
Because
>of this, the 800k mac drives can't read PC disks, and PCs can't read
Mac