Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

>So my machine, with the help of any of a number of programs (including a
>quite nice emulator, called Executor at www.ardi.com) can read HD (1.4 MB)
>Mac disks, but not the 800k (because it uses a different low level
>formatting).
It doesn't format differently, the drive is totally different its self.  It
is made to use sectors that IBM disk drives don't know how to use.  Because
of this, the 800k mac drives can't read PC disks, and PCs can't read Mac
(800k) disks.  The newer macintoshes have the same capibility, but they can
also read all PC disks, including 1.7MB.

---
Grant Stockly
AppleCyber - http://www.alaska.net/~gussie