Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

Who needs a standard disk format?  I say format the disk in a computer,
and then use whatever sector you please -- forget FAT.  Make whatever
file system is easiest to use for the controller.  This would also allow
for non-standard disk formats such as 1.68M or even >1.9M (check out
2mgui at http://www.gui.uva.es/2m/), but even 1.44M is still great.  As
far as access on a computer, the software to read/write a special format
would not be too hard.  It might save some trouble programming the
microcontroller anyhow.

--
Jonathan Anderson
sarlok@geocities.com

"I can't be wrong - my modem is error correcting."