RE: TI-H: I2C status - now it's the TI-Bus! (pin info)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: I2C status - now it's the TI-Bus! (pin info)

If you are using an 8 pin I2C EEPROM (24C/LCxx), then connect pin 5 to a
resistor and SDA (about 10K I think) and pin 6 to another resistor
(same) and SCL. Connect the open ends of the resistors to to pin 8 and
to V+. make a connection from pin 7 to pin 4 to the ground. (now u can
set up pins 1-3 --address-- as you want or you can leave them
unconnected). And you should be done. Power supply is 5V in the case of
most National/Microchip/Xicor chips (there are other companies too...
just can't remember them).

I'm building an I2C EEPROM expander that should currently hold from 2K
to 128K. I've finished the hardware and have started the software, but
I'm waiting for the ver1.00 of the Multimaster routines (that's TI-Bus
routines now, isn't it)

Muhammed

>I was the one who wanted to design the XI2C expander, but I'm still =
>holding for higher density chips.  Also, how EXACTLY do I interface an
=
>I2C chip to the link port?  I mean as in which lines have to be =
>connected to what on a chip, and the like.  I'm guessing that a =
>serial/parallel converter might be needed, but I need to know more.
>Christopher Kalos
>raptorone@stuytech.com
>Executive Director/Administrator
>Virtual Technologies Developer's Group
>

>----------

MultiMaster
>routines" I've named the system TI-Bus. I'm soon going to release =
>version
>0.99 of the routines (I could do it anytime, but I want to add a few
>features and finish version 1.0 of my I2Chat program first). Version =
>0.99
>will probably have all the features of version 1.0, but I'll release it
>first so I have time to test version 1.0 more thoroughly and perhaps =
>make
>the documentation better (It's quite good already, though). There =
>haven't
>been many bugfixes since 0.98, so I think the routines are just about =
>bug
>free at the moment, but I want to make sure.
>
>As I just said, I've started writing a chat program that uses my =
>routines.
>It's quite close to being complete, but I still need to fix a few
things
>before I release it. I've tested the routines and the chat program with
=
>3
>calculators at school, and I personally think that the routines work =
>really
>well. I must admit the speed is even worse than I expected a while ago,
=
>the
>maximum speed being about 1.3 kBytes/sec, but hey, it's still almost as
>fast as a 14.4k modem! When talking to I2C or XI2C chips, the maximum =
>speed
>is about 3.1 kBytes/sec, which is better than I expected. (Both values
=
>with
>unturboed TI-85's.) Multiple transmissions at a time don't seem to =
>interfer
>with each other at all, and the only effect is that each transmission =
>takes
>its own share of the bandwidth, so all of them slow down a bit, but not
>more than what is needed (half speed for two simultaneous transmissions
=
>etc.).
>
>I'm now looking for people who would like to use my routines in their
>projects, and programmers who could port them to other TI's than the
85.
>Someone mentioned that he (she?) was interested in designing a XI2C =
>memory
>expander, and I think version 0.99 of my routines is good enough for =
>making
>a driver, so please speak up if you're still on the list (or someone =
>else
>who could do it). I could join the team too, but I want to finish
I2Chat