Re: TI-H: nifty idea...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: nifty idea...

<< I read in thursday's NY times in the "circuits" section that guys are doing
 the same thing to palm pilots as we are to calcs...   so i'm going to steal
an
 idea and make a proposal:   completely remake the shell (plastic part)
 there could be a plug cover to reduce damage to the port
 also a new type of battery case:
   ____
   |      |
   |  .   |
   |      |   /
   |      |  /
   |      |./
   | ___|
 the thing sticking out snaps back and holds the battery...
 dots are the positive and negative contacts to battery

 also
 you can rebuild the case to be clear plastic!  some guy did it with a palm
 pilot..

 also...
 tell me if you can have contacts to plug in to a 5v thing that plugs into the
 wall.  (from battery chargers, stereos, etc)

 also...
 (thought this up myself)  you can make a special snap so you don't have to
pry
 the sides and risk breaking the little things that stick out when you want to
 open the thing.   anyway here are some palm pilot hardware sites:
 www.roadcoders.com/pilot/sites.html
 www.tt.rim.or.jp/`tatsuski/pilot2.html

 let me know if any of these are not possible >>

That would certainly make opening and closing the calc easier, also, a clear
plastic case could make identifing hardware problems much easier and reduce
the risk of making them worse by opening the calc...