Re: TI-H: EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Panel

>For what reason did you choose to hide it???

I didn't have time to explain it and I knew there were going to be tons of
questions.

I find it somewhat curious
>that you would do such a thing!

By the time I got it to work someone had already started an indiglow
project so I thought that would have more interest.

What was the total cost for your EL
>backlight???

Free

Where did you get the components.

DEAD PowerBook 140B  :)

And, I searched for
>character LCD and yahoo only gave two links!!! I'll try again though.
>I'd like to find that source you spoke of.
>
>Isn't the point of this list to share hardware and upgrades for the TI
>calculators?

Yes...but the indiglow things were already started.

Oh well, we just had to look longer.

I don't remember where I saw them...I just buy dead laptops and cut them up...

What color you have???

Light blue

>Also how are the conections made???

High voltage

is it simply lit by the charge, or
>are there two distinct conections.

I think is EL...  I don't buy "new" things...I get junk from auctions and
make good stuff...  I paid nothing for my el...  :)

I know A CCFT (cold cathode
>flourecent tube) backlight will light half way with only one of the two
>wires attached, sugesting it uses a charge rather than a circuit to emit
>light. Are EL lamps the same?

No...I don't think so...

If so, is it possible to connect wires to
>them using one of those circuit board trace touch up pens. Its some sort
>of conductive ink that can be soldered.

???  Never tried...

>Thanks

Thanks for not acting like an unmentioned person...  Btw, E-mail be (rich)
about the hardware list so I can have something to reply to... (priviate)