TI-H: I2C LCD module with MBus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: I2C LCD module with MBus

ryan pogge wrote:

> I have found that it is possible to have an I2C controlled LCD modual.
> Mbus could use this maybee?

Yes, why not. It should support all of the functions in the I2C protocol.
In case something is missing, I'll add it if it's possible.

I've thought about porting the MBus routines to be usable with the Usgard
shell instead of ZShell. Among other benefits, the routines could then be
distributed as precompiled .obj libraries, to facilitate programming.
The secondary text memory hack would no longer be needed to achieve high
speeds because of the advanced memory management in Usgard. However, MBus
applications would then be incompatible with ZShell and other TI-85
shells, unless they support Usgard applications. I could of course keep
two separate versions of the routines, one for ZShell and the other one
for Usgard, but updating two separate distributions would be a bit
inconvenient.

What are your thoughts about limiting MBus to Usgard on the 85?

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***