Re: TI-H: EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Panel

>>What color?
>
>I will order white, but three main colors are available, green,
>blue-green, and white.  Custom colors can be produced by
>the addition of color filters (I don't know if this option is
>available with the prototype kit, I would assume yes).

I wish it were blue or blue green, but white should do. Can you buy the
kit in blue or blue green??? I need 7 to do all my TI-8x calcs and since
you say the kit does 7, that'll be perfect!
I might buy one just to test it out, before I spend over a hundred on
all my calcs!

>>How do you attatch leads?
>
>The leads for the kit appear to be crimped male pins, which
>it says are solderable.

One question, how do the cut ELs connect. Are the leads simply a kind of
snap on thing, or does the EL panel have just one set to make one
conection? Also, how is the conetion made. Is it a wire on each side or
what? Personaly, I think you should cut a piece out and try it with the
included inverter, just to see how it runs.

>>I am interested, if you can answer these simple questions.
>
>Kool, let me know, I'd like to order this in the near future.
>My cost will be $75 for 7 panels and one inverter, plus $15
>for each additional inverter.  My cost for each unit is then
>$23.58, I'll resell them for $25.
>
>I can isolate it for you (tape the panel and heat-shrink encapsulate
>the inverter, if present), or you can do it yourself.
>
>The inverters come in both 8 pin narrow SOIC and micro
>SOIC packages.  If you want, you can purchase your inverter
>from another source, and just get the panel from me.  In that
>case, it will only be $10.

Where did you get your inverter, and does the place have a minumum
order. Does the chip require any support components what's the physical
dimentions and pin layout. What's the part number???

>David Knaack

I'll have those three switches in the mail for you today! They are
wrapped in foil and there is a paper with simple instructions on
mounting them. If you don't quite understand the instructions, then just
e-mail me!

P.S. You could send an EL and inverter, pre prepped, but if you heat
shrink the inverter, just send the un shrunk heat shrink tubing and the
inverter separately, so I can see the chip and work with it. I'll send
$25 with the switches. (Money order actualy)

Is this OK???

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page