TI-H: EL panel installation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EL panel installation

    To whoever gets an EL panel, here is a good way to install it.  First cut out the foam.  Mark the corners of the LCD panel on the circuit board w/ a permanent marker.  Position the EL panel between the marks, and put tape on the edges, where it doesn't light up.  Measure each side of the EL panel.  Cut black tape the size.  Roll it up, sticky stuff out.  Put it on the other black tape, as a border.  Make sure the leads aren't touching anything.  CAREFULLY put the LCD on, making sure it is properly centered.  If you don't use the black tape border, the LCD will stick to the EL panel, and you will not be able to see the screen.  Make sure nothing touches.  Put everything back and screws on.

    BTW, I need to get an I2C A/D converter.  It has to be at least 8 bit.  I need two.  This is for the touchpad and joystick (I'm going to try to make them both on the same chip).  Any other I2C chips that you have and would sell would also be nice.  Also, if someone could help me write an ASM program, or teach me how to program in ASM (for TI-86), I will be able to complete this project.  I just got a small touchpad (about the size of the screen) for $9 from www.surplusauction.com If all goes right, and I get the parts, I will have a tested schematic and compatible programs in two months or less.  The bulk of the project is programming.

                                                                        -Robert Brack
                                                                        reb@netride.com