Re: TI-H: LCD problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: LCD problem

You simply need to cut the foam between the LCD and the PCB. Do it VERY
carefuly. You can NOT cut the plastic ribbon cables that connect the LCD
to the PCB. Once it's off, peel the plastic grey mirror off the back of
the LCD. Then place the EL panel behind the LCD. I'd use one ot two
layers of electrical tape between the circuit board and the EL panel,
because that's a good 100+ volts going through that, and that'll fry
your calculator like an EGG!!! I'd wrap the Inverter as well, just to be
on the safe side. You dont want to drop it and the inverter touches the
processor!

PS, How busted, and what kind??? I need broken calculators to aid in
mapping out the schematics. I realy don't want to mess with good ones,
because it is possible to ruin them. What kind did you mess up???

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

My dad helped me when I put the first backlight in my calc.  I need =