TI-H: REAL radio-link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: REAL radio-link

Since everyone I have talked to says that the radio link is a hoax, I'm trying to design and build one myself.  Basically, I what I am going to attempt to do is encode the digital data, send it, and then decode it.  Does anyone have a suggestion for the language I should encode it with?  How about the clock signal, should that even be sent (for calc2calc)?  I think just sending a tone, and using a tone decoder would do the trick.  You can buy specified frequency coils from digikey.  If I build it small enough, I can fit it in my calc.  That way nobody can catch me cheating on a test (not that I would cheat on a test, but people who I sell it to could use it for that).  Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm still waiting on parts for my other projects.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get I2C parts?  Can I use a shift-register to convert parallel data from a A/D to serial? I know a lot about electronics, but I'm a little fuzzy on all of the different IC chips.

                                                                        -Robert Brack
                                                                        reb@netride.com