Re: TI-H: NEW expander design

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: NEW expander design

>>What's the point? The hardware only needs fine tuning. The TI-82 is the
>>problem!!! I heard that the current shell doesn't have very godd
>support

You're right, but its not clear enough.  The way the 82 shells handle
memory re allocation it is *IMPOSSIBLE* to write to vat other than known
memory areas.  It would crash.

>>for something and it makes accurate drivers difficult. The hardware
>>doesn't need to be re invented. It's the driver that's taking so long.
>>If you want to, go ahead and make the driver. It would be interesting

Sure would...if you havn't done anything with vat before, I don't suggest
you do.  to devolpe the driver for your thing, and make the hardware fool
proofe, by that time I will have had the final version of the cartridge EuP
with memory cartridges ranging from 256k to 4MB.  32MB is possible, as is
300MB...but not practicle.  By the time you've read this I will have stored
every single ZShell USGARD string on my 3.25MB of calc memory...  :P

>>see it made, but if it's time you're worring about, then it would be a
>>waste of it to spend time o on a driver for something new, when one is
>>being worked on now.

Time is a biggie.  To make the driver, first it would take about 3 hours to
get a flow chart.  Then you need to learn vat real well. 4hrs.  Program
working reliable vat drivers 19hrs.  Program working code to controll chip.
12hrs.  Total devolpement (not including time at school) 38hrs just to make
the beta, and it didn't include anything but progs...

Mel's driver is almost finished.  All I have to do is port 7 more routines.
I've done 1 already...

Grant