Re: TI-H: Indiglo Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Indiglo Backlight

The night light is 120v. It runs off of wall curent. I am not talking
about the EL panel. That's NOT a problem. I need to find an inverter
that produces enough voltage and current to run a 5 square inch EL panel
off of 4 AAA batteries and still fit into the calc. I'm not going to
bother with EL if I have to carry anything external. My design is to be
100% internal and I'm looking at the indiglo system on watches as a
model. The inverter in an indiglo watch runs an EL panel off of a single
WATCH battery. I've seen indiglo run about 1 square inch. I can modify
the design to run 5 square inches off of 4 AAA batteries easily. I just
need a model to go on. Besides, why should we settle for anything that
cost's a lot and won't fit into the calcs. Also, someone mentioned
inverters for laptops. WHERE. Say WHERE you see these things when you
post them!!! How big are they?

>i meant i found a night light that you plug directly into the socket..
its