Re: TI-H: pressure sensor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: pressure sensor

Jon Olson wrote:

> They've already built a temperature sensor, i don't see why this should be
> any more complex than that. Also, if you take the presure sensor, hook it up
> to an ADC, then run that into an AVR, you can have the AVR check the data
> from the sensor, and only send the calc whatever it needs. Communicating
> between calcs and AVR's has already been done, and is a non-event.

I'd suggest looking for an I2C pressure sensor. Reading data from it would
be real easy (with either Per Finander's I2C drivers or the MBus drivers).
If there are no such parts, a pressure sensor that gives an analog output
could be hooked to an I2C A/D converter and the converter could be read
with a set of I2C drivers. There's really no need for a microcontroller.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***