Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

>Its also graphical from the ground up.  You can't break out a command
line.
>That makes un*x people laugh at it as any type of server.

I don't see why, a command line has no inherent superiorities
over an intellegently designed GUI.  The usual problem is that
the interfaces are not well designed, Windows NT has always
had some options in screwy places.

Now, I'm not saying that not having a command interpreter
is good, just that anything you can do on a command line
you can also do with a GUI.

>And the installation program is buggy.  It won't let you install two
copies
>or install over an existing copy.

Not sure why you would try to install two copies (multi-boot
with the same OS maybe?  one for testing, one for normal use?).

Anyway, there is no excuse for releasing production software
with major bugs, particularly in the installer.

DK