Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

Apple was the FIRST to use an overlapping windowing system and I
believe they patented the idea, They threatened to take MS to court
but they settled that Win 3.0 (ONLY this version, no others) could be
released (hence Excel 1.0 for Macintosh) But then Win 3.1 came out
and Apple tried to sue but the cursed courts threw it out because the
agreement Apple had with MS didn't specify exactly that MS couldn't
use it in later OSes

At approximately 12:06 PM -0800GMT on the day Earth People call
12/30/98, David Knaack declared:

> Copyright infringment is a different matter, unless Apple
> found a way to patent the usage of a GUI, Microsoft (and
> everybody else who makes GUI's) is at no fault for using
> the same idea.  I won't elucidate any further points in
> this argument here, since it seems unlikely that anyone
> will seriously take an opposing position.

---
You're just jealous cause the voices talk to ME