Re: TI-H: Demolition Calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Demolition Calc

>> >Yes unless the equipment was given or sold to you. If it is owned by the
>> >company, whatever is stored on it belongs to the company. If you export
>> >data to another machine, it is no longer company property.
>>
>> Since it was created with company equipment while he was working witht the
>> company it probably is.  I'd have to see his job contract.
>
>It was created with his brain, therefore it is his property. Unless it
>pertains to his work, it is his own.

Have you seen the contracts for software/hardware enginneers these days?  :)

What is in his mind is his, but any good company like microsoft or seagate
will own every single thing you make.  If they don't, then the company
realy doesn't take your work seriously.

>You are _SUPPOSED_ to have consent. Maybe that's just for publishing.

Thats true, but not the point.  It happens.  :)  Wearable computers are
invisible to people walking down the street.

>Uh, not the last time I checked the law. Maybe it's different in the
>great white north.

Thats like saying when the government asks for the combination for the safe
that holds special documents, you won't tell them...  Its the same thing.

>WTF?

Bill clinton uses that excuse.

>> >Yep, but you have to define explosive. The government might twist that
>> >to make your furnace or anything that ignites be classified as
>> >explosive.
>>
>> Or anything that can hurt someone else.  Like a 700watt grage door opener
>> could realy hurt someone if they were holding on to the antenna.
>Well, I was writing in the technical sense, because "explosive" can be
>construed to mean many things.

There is allottechnical about converting a microwave into a grage door
transmitter!  :)