Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

Nothing.  They wouldn't be evil unless they found a logical reason to
become evil... then they would change their "code". Most likely they would
respect the fact that we are their creators and they have no reason not to
disobey us (unless it had a soul exactly like ours, then it might want to
go skiing or something and it would develop a way to create ski's and put
them on its motherboard and.... well you get the point). But the chances
are they would in fact be machines and work 24/7, since they never get
tired and they only need electricity. So as long as the room temp. is at a
nice 2 degrees celcius, they'll be working.

>Well, if these computers are self-aware (that is, able to recognize they are
>computers, and serving people), then they would probably be able to
recognize
>people could serve them.  If these computers create other computers, well,
>what's to stop them from changing the operating code?
>
>Rob Hornick

-Dan

Follow-Ups: References: