Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

Once you can
a) program the computer to learn
b) give it "feelings"
c) let it have self pride (do things the way it wants)

Then you will have accomplished not only a learning machine, but an AI that
could possibly do anything. Once it learns how to learn on its own and it
is "taught" a few things, then it would be able to search the internet for
information, or "learn" off of CDROMs and other media.  I know this sounds
insane, but some people know that it is not far from being true.  Once it
is true, we would have to have some serious control, or else the computer
would take over the world :) Actually, it all depends on what feeling we
assign it... if we set a constant of "happy", it would still be able to
change its own code and turn to "evil" if it figures that evil is the
absolute way to go... I know it sounds like such a fairy tail, but it will
be true within the next 20 yearsl; I guarantee it.

At 11:47 PM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>the human brain is one of the most robust and powerful thinking machines
>there is. of course, we can't match the speed of a computer when
>multiplying two 20-digit numbers, but thats what computers were designed
>for. we were designed for thinking and comprehension. when i see a
>computer cry when it hears mozart, or understad picasso's political
>messages, then i can say that computers have outdone us. the human body as
>a machine is the most powerful even created. it can sustain heavy blows
>and regenerate within a short amount of time. our sight and image
>targeting/recognition system is absolutely nonpareil (pardon my french).
>we can move in any direction, travel over extremely bumpy and treacherous
>terrain, we can scale vertical walls. we have the ability to plan ahead
>and think about the consequences of our actions. oh, dont even get me
>started on this one.
>

>FUZZ
>David Norelid
>Posse in effect, yo