Re: TI-H: Let's settle this thing once and for all

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Let's settle this thing once and for all

Someone stated:

>What do you think a webcrawler is?
>heh...

A webcrawler, in basic form, is a pretty simple algo, I've
written them myself.  You just request a page, parse it
for links, enter them in a tree, then follow them, repeating
the process at each page you reach.  Generally you search
to a specified depth before moving back up the tree to follow
another branch.

AI, or expert systems use hugely complex rule systems to
make decisions, sometimes based on simple logic, sometimes
on more exotic systems like neural networks or other fuzzy
logic systems.  Using an expert system to look for broken
links on a webpage would be silly (however, using one to
classify what catagory the content of a page fits in would
be a good application).

DK