RE: Re:TI-H:Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Re:TI-H:Speedy Calc...

>From: "Robert Cicconetti" <zarquon@resnet.gatech.edu>
>It's still in beta form.. I have tried to play with the latest version
and
>it does NOT like one of the things loaded in Startup and it didn't look
>useful enough to tweak into working..

I haven't installed it yet, but it looked to me like it would
actually be pretty annoying to use.  Looks like you have to
create a bitmap for damn near every item and every state of
every item on the desktop.
I think they need to make it more versital, more customizable,
but as beta software that is completely excusable.  Overall
it looks like it could eventually be a pretty cool shell.

>On a side topic, does anyone know a way of reliably timing a comm event
when
>a Win95 system is under moderate load?
>Am I going to have to write a .vxd for this?

Probably, windows 9x has a lot of latency, I don't think
you'll get the kind of performance you want.

DK