Re: RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

Well it is true that I don't know anything about you, nor do I want to... at
this point at least. Maybe when you make something that catches my eye (like
complete mp3 schems that work), then I'll take into consideration of your
abilities. But right now, you can complain with your so called math of
bogo's and mips, but unless you want to incorporate ALL of the factors, then
I wouldn't compare RISC and CISC like that. And refering to me as a "PC
freak" is sad... I'm not the one who wants America to be dictated by Apple
Computer and altered the pledge of allegence and added it as my email
signature. I'm hardly for any type of computer. Whatever does what I want it
to do is what I use.

> Is playing 3 to 5 mp3s good for an PII?
>
> Having a dual processor machine realy doesn't doubble performacne.
Expect
> a dual PII 450 to equal a 500 or so.  But they do improve on performance
in
> a serer environment.  PPCs just the same.  It needs a dual processor chip
> to realy do well.  DEC is realy good at that.  (the CRAY uses DEC, and
the
> lowend cray will accept 256 processors)
>
> Thats why sparcs and alphas are so expensive.  ONE processor running at
> 600MHz...
>
> Grant
>

> >Haye...i'm a PC freak, and i say my computer sux compared to the best
PC's i
> >could get, but if i had my Dual PII 450 Mhz box, it would be the best in
the
> >world cause i'd be compiling my Linux kernel in sub 1 minute, and playing
3
> >to 5 mp3s at once while making it brush my teeth and call me Christmas
:)
> >The sad part is, I could probably get software that's already written
for
> >Linux that would do all of those...
> >
> >-- Jon Olson

"The