Re: RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

Is playing 3 to 5 mp3s good for an PII?

Having a dual processor machine realy doesn't doubble performacne.  Expect
a dual PII 450 to equal a 500 or so.  But they do improve on performance in
a serer environment.  PPCs just the same.  It needs a dual processor chip
to realy do well.  DEC is realy good at that.  (the CRAY uses DEC, and the
lowend cray will accept 256 processors)

Thats why sparcs and alphas are so expensive.  ONE processor running at
600MHz...

Grant