Re: TI-H: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re:

>>My question too :)  Is any of the stuff included practical to
>>homebuild?  I'll save money anywere I can.
>
>You're going to spend more money and waste time with homebuilt junk...
>Believe me...  I'm in that position right now.  :)

So the $50 kit is probaby the way to go?

>>>How do I burn programs onto an AVR?  Do I need a $500
>>>programming device (screw it!)?
>>
>>My feeling also, I don't want to spend more than maybe
>>100 bux for programming, and even that is pushing it.
>
>The cheepest one you can build costs 7 jumper wires, an LED, a 25pin
male
>plug, and a 20pin DIP socket.

Hmm, thats pretty darn simple, I wouldn't even have to buy
anything for that, whats the disadvantage?
Does the kit include a programmer?

>>I also would like to know what kind of support an AVR will
>>require in a simple installation.  For instance, suppose
>>you want to use an AVR to trigger a relay for a specifed
>>time period when a switch is pressed, in addition to the
>>AVR, a relay (and maybe a clamping diode), a switch and
>>possably a voltage regulator, what will be needed?
>
>Power and a crystal resonator unless you buy the chips with the fuse
bit set.

Cool, whats the fuse bit for, and is that something that you
would/could (want to) do yourself?

Thanks, good info!
DK