Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>Actually, I did.  And maybe you're unaware of the fact that Linux is
>available for
>x86, Alpha, Sparc, PPC, and a few other platforms.  Linux isn't a company,
>but that
>won't keep it from winning.  Since it's gaining market share, that's already a
>plus.  Top this all off with one last detail.  TI calculators are getting more
>powerful.  If we hit about 2MB of system space, we can try a Linux port.
>Using a
>later-generation expander, we can probably get 16MB of Flash storage cheaply.
>Microsoft won't win because it hasn't the foresight, and is running out of
>places to
>steal ideas from.

The nice thing about linux, is when you see linux figures in the market
share reports, it doesn't mean IBMs.  it means "This percent of the market
is Alpha, PPC, x86, Sparc, SGI, 68k, ect.".  Linux will run programs
transparent of the processor.  All you have to do is recompile it.  I can
run any NetBSD program on my 68k machine running NetBSD.  Even if it was
from x86.

I don't remember what the Z80 linux was called, but it wouldn't be that
hard to get the TI running linux.  68HC11 microcontrollers run linux!
Whats up with us TI guys?  :)

Grant