TI-H: My final words to this fine Platform, Err TI list

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: My final words to this fine Platform, Err TI list

I won't quote that hellishly long message, but in regards to price range, they
are different hardware platforms! you pay for the amount of hardware quality,
regardless of the software. says something we all have already said bout mac hardware.

The software on PCs suck in some ways and rule in others. THe software on Macs
suck in some ways and rule in others.

There is plenty for the mac, and I forgot who said it, but half the PC
software out there is maiteence and system additions, where as apple includes
or doesn't even need most of those things.

OS is a personal preference. Choose what you want.

I have also heard alot about Apple's impending demise. Everyone know it'll
happen, and it'll happen to everyone else someday, but I have a feeling it'
s being ver exagerated. Look at Apple in the past. They should have been dead
already, but htey keep on struggling. And now they have the G3 on their side!
Believe me, it did help them a little, and as they speed up and get more
efficient prices, they will gain some popularity back.

Software developers come and go. Apple might be at a low, but that doesn't
mean a total lack of software, and like grant said. there is PC emulation, and
many games can be run via that. If you are so desprate get a PC card!

Also the computers are more reliable than many come to think, and if they
always require a service technitian, then why has my HIGH SCHOOL only brought
one in EVER, and did all the other repairs and servicing themselves???? Not
just my highschool, but the other ones too. infact, the high school in town
recently got rid of their last PCs in FAVOR of Macs!!! This is serious!

Also there is one thing that some people are confused about.

I don't give a shit if Apple dies. It just means that the REAL Mac Users will
come and get the deals of their lifetime. THey'll grab up all they can get at
the clearances, and then have top of the line Macs that'll still outrun PCs
for a month at least. Then we'll start getting them at garage sales for mere
pocket change, and we'll hck them and do all sorts of shit with the computers.
I saw plans for a 1 Gig Commodore 128 HD about 1.5 years ago!!! I'm not
kiding, and (for Adam) I didn't replace my C128 with my Mac, i got the C128
after the Mac, and I still use it, cause it's a good computer with good
sofware! I don't yet have an Amiga cause no one here has them in their
garages. If I find one I'll get it!

I don't replace a good computer, I keep it! That is how the Mac will be. A PC
might be cheap, but if some new computer came out that was $300 and was 10x
better and faster than any PC, people would flock to it if it became a
standard, th PC would just float away in facr of that. The Mac would too.
Apple would die, and theMac would be sitting there, but hte mac is one of
those computers that'll end up like the C128. It becomes almost like a legend.
I know a C128 is soooooo obsolete, but I LIKE it. THAT IS WHY I HAVE AND STILL
REGULARILY USE ONE!!! THIS IS WHAT THE MAC WILL DO WHEN APPLE DIES. The
schools and biz will sell or trash them, and we real mac users will come out
of the wood work and grab them up and create whole home Mac labs! (:

It's the people like the Steves that invented the Apple I that will appreciate
it for what it is.

Don't ask me to explain, caus eunless you feel the same way about something
you never will.

It's hard to explain why the hell I keep a 128, and not just thay, but build a
media center with it as it's main focus! (: HA HA!!!!

custom slide out Commodore drawer that automaticly switches the NTSC signal
from TV to computer! 3 drives, a printer, UBEC interface card, and who knows
how much else (the UBEC is like the controll your world w/PC type deal, but
works on ANY computer from TI, to TRS, to Heathkit, to commodore, to Apple I,
II, III, Lisa, Mac, to PC, to _Your system here_)

When I defend the Mac, I defend it as a good machine that will be the next
Commodore if Apple dies and will still remain to be excelent if Apple lives.

Don't try to oppose the last part of this nmessage casue it is what WILL
happen, at least for me and some people I know. There are no numbers or shit.
Just an attempt to explain the way I think about a particular computer. I like
using it, and It's become a faviorite. It's my hobby to screw around on my
Mac. It's MY personal standard. Not the world's, but I know other people think
the same way, cause I've met them.

Can you deny that! (:

I THINK NOT!!!
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html