Re: TI-H: Want to learn more

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Want to learn more

[snip]
>side. Are there any books or websites that explian
>how make circuits with microcontrolers and such from
>scratch?

For books, I recommend 'The Art of Electronics' by Horowitz and Hill. It's
big and expensive, but extremely practical. Ask your library to get a copy
if they don't already have one. Some people also like the books by Don
Lancaster; I find them less valuable. Radio Shack has a series of 'engineers
notebooks' by Forrest Mims III that aren't too bad for the very beginner,
but you'll quickly outgrow these.

The best way to learn is to pick a project and try to build it. Post
questions to the group if you have problems or it doesn't work. Also, check
out the web sites for existing projects, and make sure you understand the
schematics and code.

Doug